Saturday, September 02, 2006

Who Wants to Go to School With Me?


It's that time of year again: I just got the Fall 2006 brochure for Community Education classes right here in town. Who wants to take a class with me?

Pencil Making, 7 to 9 p.m., Thursdays: "Make unique, one of a kind pencils to impress your friends and family. A fun activity for all ages." I bet I could make some really cool new friends in this class!

Rubber Stamping III. 6 weeks, 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays: "For students who have already taken our basic and intermediate rubber stamping class. Learn new cuts and folds to create unique cards." I'm hoping to quiz out of rubber stamping I and II.

Sit & Be Fit: 8 weeks, Wednesdays, 3 to 4 p.m.: "An easygoing workout using a chair (no floor exercise). Perform exercises to help maintain your health, independence and vitality while you regain or improve movement, strength, balance, flexibility and muscle tone." Next stop: Washboard abs!

Middle Eastern Belly Dancing, 8 weeks, Tuesdays, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. I want to take this class so I can impress family and friends during wedding receptions.

Adult Dancing. Six weeks, Wednesdays, 7 to 8 p.m. "This no pressure dance class is designed for adults of all ages with or without dance experience. The emphasis will be on having fun while you learn a few new steps that would impress even Ginger, Justin or J Lo." This should be an excellent class for that large number of people who love Ginger Rogers as much as they do J Lo.

Home Composting Made Easy: Goodbye Waste ... Hello Black Gold. Thursdays, 6 to 6:50 p.m.: I hope this class is as good as my previous, 100-level class in this area: Home Composting Made Easy: Goodbye Waste ... Hello Texas Tea.

French Renaissance Rapier, Beginning. 8 weeks, Thursdays, 7 to 8:30 p.m.: "Class will teach basics of Renaissance Rapier Swordsmanship, based on the use of the Single Rapier. Limited equipment available." I'm hoping Wally lets me borrow his equipment so I can do lots of homework.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You missed the Thursday night classes for Cat Dancing. This allows the cat owner to practice his/her moves for clubbing the following evening and also gives the precious kitty the opportunity to dance off a few of those unnecessary ounces of chubbiness leading to sleeker kitties. It's also a wonderful bonding experience.

Have COCO put on her dancing shoes!!!