Friday, January 19, 2007

The Women Weren't Fooling Me

When someone with a bad toupee enters a room, or sits in front of you at the theater, or next to you at a restaurant, you always notice, don't you?

And then, if a friend happens to be standing or sitting next to you, you lean over to her or him and point it out. You make a joke. Or laugh. About the bad toupee.

I only mention this because it's been seven weeks since a razor or scissors have touched my luxurious head of hair. And because I was quite rushed to get to work today, which resulted in an improper and excessive use of a certain brand of hair paste, my hair looks alarmingly like a toupee. I noticed it while trying on a jacket during lunch in front of a tri-mirror at a major retailer here in the tri-city area.

I bought the jacket. While checking out, I noticed two women looking at me. They were smiling. The first woman looked again, leaned over to her friend, and then they both laughed.

I knew exactly what this was all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are young. You can still pull off a toupee-looking head.