Monday, June 26, 2006

The Work Is Necessary, and Important


The photo at right is from my basement. It's some old tests and papers. From high school.

Why I've held onto these, I have no idea. But they do present quite a clutter.

This is about to change! So that I can reclaim my basement, my good friend Elgy has agreed to the tedious, important and necessary step of getting all this data backed up on microfilm and microfiche. (This way I can retain the hard copy for at least 24 months while also having the comfort and security of a film backup.)

Now, I realize that this should take up most of Elgy's weekends from now until the time it gets really cold out, so her gesture is all the more appreciated. She's also providing the entire financial outlay (including a microfilm and microfiche reader for my basement.)

I also understand that dear friends "Peaches and the Machine" also plan on canceling some vacation time to help with this project.

Thanks to Elgy, Peaches and (last but not least) the Machine: You are da absolute best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard Algae is in Europe researching the best ways to preserve your documents.

Anonymous said...

Peaches sez:
While I understand the need to get rid of old papers, I hope you will be preserving old speech league documents. Otherwise I might throw myself down in the manure and sob...

D said...

Amazing. That you still have these documents that is. I am in a similar quandary myself. I have a box of reports and essays that are really keeping me up at night. Do you think these could be put on laserdisc?

Joey P said...

Lurlene, your post is quite shrewd. Forget about HD DVD and Sony BLUERAY High Definition DVD technology. Laserdisc is the future!

What is old is new again, my friend.

And when Smart Money talks, you better listen.

Anonymous said...

Back from Europe and brimming with info on the latest microfiche developments. (Shout out to the Vatican archives for the tips!)
My weekends are yours, Cup of Joe.
Can't wait to read your thoughts on "Catcher in the Rye."
Elgy