Mannix detailed the exploits of Joe Mannix, a private investigator, and ran from 1967-1975. The first season (which never had been released in syndication) is now out on DVD.
Some Mannix facts from Wikipedia:
- Mannix was shot at or wounded more than a dozen times during the series, usually by an old war buddy from the Korean War.
- His faithful assistant Peggy was played by Gail Fisher. She was one of the first African-American females with a regular role on a TV drama.
- The show was the baby of Bruce Geller, the man also behind Mission Impossible.
- Mannix liked to drive convertibles. He also liked to crash convertibles.
- Midway through the opening credits viewers see "a screen layout bearing an exact resemblance to the flag of Armenia." Why? It's a mystery, a mystery that perhaps only the great Joe Mannix could solve.