Friday, October 24, 2008

'The Best Advice I Ever Got'

A couple weeks ago, on the day the stock market fell 777 points to what was then the LOWEST LEVELS EVER, a copy of the new issue of Fortune Magazine arrived on my desk. A major business leader was featured giving readers "The Best Advice I Ever Got." It's a regular feature.

Here's what she had to say. (Click to embiggen.)




Although I admire this spirit of optimism, it's also the same spirit that has me regretting that I didn't switch all the money in my 401K plan from stocks into something more stable, say a tangible physical commodity. Like Kitty Litter, dirty diapers or recycled animal feces "repurposed" as fertilizer.

***

This week the stock market again reached the LOWEST LEVELS EVER.

It's a reminder for people like our Fortune Friend pictured above that fearlessness sometimes leads to recklessness, and then we all lose.

Failure is an option, my friends. This is why we need to keep hope alive.

No comments: