Friday, June 08, 2007

Birthday Present Advice Sought

Today, a friend of mine will be celebrating his 40th birthday. Although he's requested that nobody give him any presents, I'm not going to listen.

But I need YOUR help.

I'm proposing that my friend, now that he's going to be in his 40s, step out of his comfort zone and embrace a new, happenin' wardrobe, something decidely different from his current wardrobe of white tennis shoes and beer-related T-shirts.

So, I ask my readers: Which item(s) should I get him from the International Male catalog -- the Officer's Dress Jacket ($139, below) or the Carribean Silk Shirt and Pant Set with the Pirate Drawstrings ($29 and $39, respectively, at right).

7 comments:

missie said...

Just send the Officer; keep the jacket.

Anonymous said...

just send the swashbuckler, keep the drawstring.

JR said...

Go for the botox injections.

ube said...

Where are the sugar nuts?

elgy said...

I can picture him in the the Carribean Silk Shirt and Pant Set with the Pirate Drawstrings. Minus the sugar nuts, of course.

The Birthday Boy said...

Everyone, thanks for all the pirate-themed clothes.

They not only made my birthday a very, very special day, but I anticipate that my wife will have the best birthday of her life.

Anonymous said...

Did you know it's bad manners to bring a gift if it says no gifts?