Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Prediction: Best Christmas Ever!

I'm delighted to report that we here at The Cup of Joe have concluded our Christmas shopping, and it's not yet Thanksgiving!

This is thanks, in large part, to the arrival in the mail yesterday of the latest International Male catalog. I don't really know why I'm on their mailing list, but I can admit (my legal advisors tell me) that I did buy a shirt from them back in 1998. Yes, I still wear it. No, people don't make fun of me (to my face) when I wear it. No, it doesn't have ruffles. No, it's not silky. Yes, Wally would look like one of the models in the catalog wearing it, if I ever loaned it to him. No, I'm not loaning the shirt to Wally.




But anyway, I'm happy to report that *all* my male friends will be getting the commander leather waistcoat along with the ultimate poet's shirt. And for those who have been good, I may even throw in a "london opera vest" or a "madison banded collar shirt." I'm hoping this will be just the impetus for all my friends to join forces and produce a local community theater production of The Pirates of Penzance sometime real soon.






The only exception to this, however, is Frenchy. Because he already owns a closet full of poet's shirts, he will instead be getting a leather lace-front-pant with low-rise waistband, genuine napa suede, brass grommets and (of course) an 11" flared hem.

In fact, I prefer to think of this pant as unisex, so think I may get all the ladies in my life the exact same thing.

I just hope my mom likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Hold on a second! I've been buying stuff from that catalogue for years, and now you tell me its a "gaycentric" clothing catalogue?!?

If the outfits didn't make me look exactly like those models, I'd have half a mind to return all that stuff!!!