Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Have a Super Tuesday

Hillary Clinton was on the Late Show with David Letterman last night. She was terrific. She came off as likeable and wise. I won't be voting for her today.

I will be voting for Barack Obama. The LA Times endorsement from last week put the "why" better than I can.
In the language of metaphor, Clinton is an essay, solid and reasoned; Obama is a poem, lyric and filled with possibility. Clinton would be a valuable and competent executive, but Obama matches her in substance and adds something that the nation has been missing far too long -- a sense of aspiration.




Here's hoping that you aspire to vote today.

2 comments:

Michael said...

So glad to read you're an Obama supporter, too. So many of the gay bloggers I've been reading lately are pro-Hillary. Thanks for posting the LA Times endorsement. I hadn't read that yet.

Anonymous said...

i do not agree with you. have a super duper tuesday.