Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Memo to Mitt: Five People Worse Than Bob Dole

Mitt Romney recently said that former Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole is "probably the last person I would have wanted to have write a letter for me."

The remark was in response to a letter Dole supposedly wrote to conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh in defense of John McCain.

I'd just like to say that I strongly disagree with Mitt. In fact, I can think of at least five other people whose support I would not want, despite the fact that Mitt Romney can't think of a single other soul (other than War hero and veteran Dole) whose support he would dread more than a respected member of his own party.

I'd say my five would be:

1) Omar al-Bashir, Sudan. His ethnic cleansing has killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in Darfur. I would HATE IT if this man wrote me a letter of support, and (completely disagreeing with Mitt Romney) would much prefer a letter of support from a War hero like Bob Dole.

2) Osama Bin Laden. For obvious reasons that I'd be happy to explain to Mitt if wants to call me or send an email.

3) Kim Jong-il, North Korea. It is estimated that up to 250,000 of his own people are confined in re-education camps in a country where real freedom doesn't exist. Just awful.

4) Roseanne Barr.

5) Janice Dickenson

No comments: