Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What Makes You Cry?

I saw the below video weeks ago, and I love it, and I wasn't going to post it to The Cup of Joe because 4 million people have already seen it, and you probably have too, but the thing I find interesting about this video, in which the flightless Kiwi bird of New Zealand tries to realize his (or her) dream of flight, is that at one point in the movie this little bird starts to cry.

I don't know why, but I thought of these tears when I saw former President George H.W. Bush cry about his son Jeb the other day. It's such a complex emotion, crying is, brought on by happiness, sadness, shame, fear and a million other things.

Watch this film. Some viewers think it's cute, and others think it's sad. Is Kiwi crying tears of sadness, or tears of joy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually think the tear is from the wind created during the flight.