Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Future

Years from now, when I'm in a home somewhere, or when I'm on the news because I've wandered away from a home somewhere, people will ask me a question or tell me a story and I will return this attention with only a blank stare.

But I swear there are some things that I believe will always get a response from me, no matter what the state of my central nervous system, things and ideas and memories and stimuli that will hearken back to a time when memory still lived.

For example, Wally's cologne. Or his poodle's breath. Our blue monkey.

The plaintive wales of a Siamese.

And also: This clip.

This clip, which I share again on this site because it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life, because I've seen it dozens of times and it still makes me laugh, and I believe it still will make me laugh years after my memory (and most of my brain) has perished.

I also post it today in light of the luke-warm to bad reviews that Young Frankestein is getting on Broadway, having just officially opened.

I'd see it in a heartbreak.

No comments: