Friday, November 16, 2007

The Quiz That Could Save You From Watching the Debates

Whom are you supporting for president? Or, I should ask, whom do you think you are supporting for president?

Wally and I recently took a quiz at this link to find out which candidate we match up best with in terms of our values and opinions about everything from the War in Iraq to gay marriage.

Wally's computer-generated top pick, based purely on his answers to the issues, was Mike Gravel, the former Alaska Senator who wasn't even invited to recent MSNBC and CNN debates. Wally had a 93 percent match with Gravel, who says what everybody really thinks and then gets criticized for it and is characterized as a loon.

And my pick, based on the data and with an 87.69 percent match, was Dennis Kucinich, the same man who wrote the following sentence in his book "A Prayer for America":
Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends, to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self. The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: one with the universe; whole and holy; from one source, endless creative energy, bursting forth, kinetic, elemental; we -- the earth, air, water and fire-source of nearly fifteen billion years of cosmic spiraling.

I couldn't agree more!

For both of us, our top computer-picked candidate in terms of the Top 3 -- Clinton, Edwards and Obama -- was Obama.

What I can say is that though I haven't made up my mind about who I'm voting for, it won't be Mr. Kucinich, even though I seem to agree with him the most.

I'm leaning toward a certain Senator from Illinois, but I need to think about it further.

***

Other fun facts:

* Of the Republicans, I matched up most closely with Iraq war opponent and Libertarian Ron Paul (40 percent)
* My four least-compatible Republicans were Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson (6.15 percent) and Mitt Romney and the no-longer-running Sam Brownback (12.31 percent).

I'm betting the 12 percent match is for Mitt's current stand on the issues, as opposed to his stand when he needed to get elected in Massachusetts, a time in his life when he didn't have to beat up on gay people to garner voter-interest in his candidacy.

2 comments:

ryanshaunkelly said...

Gravel kucinich paul nader perot carter [conyers?rangel?] united for truth elicit fear smear blacklist.

The people know too much,
democracy rising democracy now.
Rage against the machine.

Honesty compassion intelligence guts.

No more extortion blackmail bribery division.
Divided we fall.

Anonymous said...

One word: Nader.