Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dawn Wells' Thelma and Louise Moment


My favorite character on Gilligan's Island was Mary Jane ... er, I mean Mary Ann.

So I was sorry to hear that Dawn Wells recently was arrested for marijuana possession. But in the big picture of things, who cares? Marijuana should be legal, and do we really need to spend money on prosecutors and jail cells for people who like to play the bongos and spark one up every now and then? (Not that I play the bongos myself; I'm really "not musically inclined.")


But anyhow: The disturbing part of the story for me, and which creeps me out a little, is that she says she picked up three hitchhikers prior to the arrest. According to news reports, when the officer who pulled her over asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they sparked it up.

I mean, who picks up hitchhikers (and three hitchhikers at that) nowadays?

I wonder if the hitchhikers looked like Brad Pitt?

No comments: