Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Public Apology

This is for all those who I may have phoned during the Madonna concert in Chicago and left a "woooooooooooooooooooo" or "woooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooooooo" message. I'm sorry.

I understand if you decide otherwise, but I hope we can still be friends.

Below is some video of the opening of the concert. The first clip is the beginning of the concert when a concealed Madonna was lowered in a disco ball to a small walk-out center stage in the middle of concert floor. Song: "Justify My Love."

Woooo-hoooooo!

The second is her great song "Sorry," also off her new album Confessions on a Dance Floor. The best part is when 47-year-old Madonna leaps from a platform and starts riding a dancer like he's her favorite pony. (The jumbotron, by the way, had video of horses running going through the song.) We haven't heard this all before, and it was pretty cool.

Oh, and one more thing: woooooooooooooo-hooooooooo.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, Joe, Joe. Everyone knows that when Madonna emerged from the bigger-than-life disco ball, she was singing "Future Lovers", as evidenced by its brilliance. There's no justification for this, love. I wish I had a riding crop.

Joey P said...

Wally, wally, wally: I mis-typed, mispoke and miscommunicated information that was false, erroneous and not true.

Of course it was Future Lovers.

Please don't whip me.

Anonymous said...

OK...after watching the video again...I feel embarassed about how I thought MaDonna came down in the disco ball. It was obvious she came out of the floor from under the ball. Still incredible...

Anonymous said...

That was her in the ball. I do believe, I do believe. Dare to dream, SND!