Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Shazam: Shows I Have No Desire to Watch

That great philosopher Gomer Pyle once opined: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I thought about this when I read in Broadcasting and Cable that drama series in development for next year will be "close-ended."

B&C reports that, "Although the flurry of serial dramas in the mode of Lost and 24 are premiering this season, it's the traditional, closed-ended formats that will likely rule the 2007-2008 season."

Personally, I have no interest in watching these new shows, such as ABC's The Nine or NBC's Kidnapped.

Why would I want to get hooked on another Lost? Isn't Lost -- with its slow, slow development and resolution of the plot -- frustrating enough?

With shows like these, I always suspect we may have another Twin Peaks on our hands -- a show with no satisfying ending.

This is why it'd be a big "shame on me" if I wasted any time on Vanished.

No comments: