Sunday, June 11, 2006

Coffee Yoga


There are many different types of Yoga, an ancient form of meditation and spiritual practice designed to help you relax and improve your flexibility. This includes Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Raja Yoga. As my friends know, I try to do yoga at least once a week.

This morning I practiced a new form of Yoga that I call Coffee Yoga. Here's how you do it:

* Go to Burger King and grab a large cup of its new "BK Joe" Coffee. Make sure you insist on the "turbo blend." (I found out that Burger King is offering this new line of "turbo powered" coffee after reading this New York Times article.)

* Find your nearest gym, yoga or pilates center featuring a certified instructor.

* Practice the Yoga, enjoying the meditation, the breathing exercises and the caffeine rush.

* Do 60 or 90 minutes of yoga and then return to Burger King for another large cup of turbo-blend and a chicken sandwich.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Russell from Fat Albert would say: This site is like school on Saturday-no class. I've been hitting refresh for four days and still no update. It's time this site does one of three things: A. goes decaf B. gets a new editor C. produces content. I haven't been this bored since the last Oscar Party or Halloween Party before that.

Anonymous said...

Your site contains some racy topics, like Yoga and the environment. What's next a brothel in Florissant? (Oops, that's my Hooters argument) Anyway, what's with all the yoga talk. Isn't sleeping part of yoga, it's a body position isn't it?

Joey P said...

No, my anonymous friend, Sleeping Yoga does NOT count. So now that you know, you can no longer tell friends you "go to the gym 7 days a week."

But it was a nice try!

I've been very busy this week but I hope to post more soon! I'm pondering an entry on Choco-la-tes, a new form of Pilates involving delicious milk chocolote, caramel and nougat. Next stop: Rock hard abs!

Anonymous said...

Your response is why I love this site. It's laugh out loud funny. This site is like crack, one try and you're hooked.