Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I Do, I Do" is "I Can't, I Can't" For Some

Some friends got engaged last weekend. Wonderful news. Wally and I are delighted, and eagarly await the welcome sound of wedding bells.

It must be neat being able to get married.

Not everybody can do this, don't you know, thanks to people such as U.S. Sen. Larry Craig and the voters of my state, who passed a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage because they were a-feared.

These voters agreed that gay marriage represents a threat to hetersoexual marriage. I guess they were worried that monogamous and committed gays who marry might somehow increase the heteresexual divorce rate, which approaches 50 percent.

Or that gay marriage might somehow coax married men into having anonymous gay bathroom sex in airport restrooms.

No comments: