Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dancing & Sitting Down Are The Same Thing


When Tucker Carlson was on CNN, and later on PBS, I kind of liked him: he was conservative, yes, but a thoughtful conservative who was not always in lock step with All Things Bush. He also seemed consistent in that if he opposed something, say the War in Iraq, it wouldn't have mattered whether it was a Democratic or a Republican thing, he'd follow some sort of consistent principles that transcended political parties.

Tucker is dancing to a new tune today. The few times I've seen his new afternoon MSNBC show, I've been embarrased as he has risen to a new level of parody-worthy self importance. So I can't watch the MSNBC show and the new sans-bow-tie Tucker; it's the type of piddle-disguised-as-news that we here at The Cup of Joe just have no patience with any longer.

So when I heard that Tucker was going to be on Dancing With the Stars, I was surprised because 1) I don't think he's a star; he's supposed to be a news anchor and analyst and 2) I couldn't possibly picture him dancing.

However, after watching Tucker last night on the ABC show, he's gained some major points back in my book. I think I prefer "Tucker the Dancer" to "Tucker the Self-Important Shouting Head on A Piddle-Riddled MSNBC Show."

Dance, Tucker, Dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UPDATE: Tragically, Tucker was eliminated on last night's show. He won't be dancing anymore -- except, of course, in the hopes and dreams of millions of viewers!