Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Impeach Bush?

Last night, in a special comment on Countdown With Keith Olberman, Olberman again suggested that George Bush should be impeached. This action could lead, eventually, to his removal from office.

And then we'd have President Dick Cheney? Truly Scary.

I was against the impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton, and I tend to be against this for Bush, too, even though I think history will record Bush as a complete disaster, who stretched the truth to lead us down dangerous paths, and one who possibly used "extra-legal" means in the pursuit of his agenda.

I would, however, like to officially start the Impeach Cheney process as soon as humanly possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bush would be out of office before Congress could ever even start proceedings. I'm for replacing everyone in Congress up for re-election and the Executive branch in 2008--through voting.

Bud said...

Joey P-
I agree with you about all this. They are both richly deserving of being tossed from office, but of the two, I would most like to have Congress dig into Cheney's misdeeds. However, I do think that impeachment should be an extraordinary event, not a way of expressing no confidence.

Anonymous said...

I'm with bud....

One of things that we should celebrate about our country today, is that we are exceptionally politically stable. This is not the rule with governments around the Planet.

We saw this when the Supreme Court handed the Presidency over to Dubbya. In many other countries, this would have create havoc and severe civil unrest....On second thought ...that might not have been so bad!

However, despite some negative situations caused by the Electorate's "political tolerance" - or even its apathy- I would still choose stability and the chance to vote the bums out next time.