Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Quick Thought on the Harry Potter Finale

Think there's two more Harry Potter films?

Well, let me be the first to suggest (and start the rumor) that you are wrong. Having just completed the last book, I think there could be a chance that they'll make two movies out of the final book.

By the way,I thought the finish to the book was OUTSTANDING.

But will the producers, in a magical quest for more profits, turn the final book into two movies? Does such a quest enchant you?

And did you like the finish as much as I did?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved, loved it.
Hated to see it end.
And if they did make two movies, I'd see them both!

Anonymous said...

I doubt it would be a two parter.

Why wouldn't the most recent film the Order of the Phoenix (OOTP)be a two parter? The craze is at the height of popularity right now. Once every one figures out how the series ends there will be far less hoopla about the upcoming films. In fact, I could see many people just waiting until the DVD comes out before seeing it, since they know how it's going to end.

Addtionally, the OOTP was probably the most crucial book to the series. It is the one that set several of the final stages and introduced many integral characters. There was an awful lot from the book that was left out of this film in order to keep it around 2 hours. OOTP was also the first really complex book of the series. Of any adaptation yet, this could have benefited greatly from two films. Yet they refused to do this.

So I challenge your prediction, TCOJ. The gauntlet is down. I say that it will be the typical one film adaptation.