Friday, July 06, 2007

A Targeted Coffee Review

I don't shop much at Kmart, not when there's a Target within walking distance. But I recently found myself inside my neighborhood's closest Kmart, on a mission to buy ... coffee.

They didn't have much of a selection: lots of instant stuff, and (perish the thought) flavored coffees. The coffee that looked best, however, was the Folgers Gourmet Selections. Yum! It's been hand-selected by some guy with a thick manly moustache and a cool accent who is an all-around great family man, right? Sounds delicious, right?

Only if you define delicious as "stale" and "not overly flavorful."

***

An explanation? I bought the coffee a couple days ago, and just noticed that the stamp on the label says "Best By 6/2007." Kmart sold me expired coffee.

Next stop: Target.

I don't think I'll bother with the Folgers hotline -- 1-800-275-1967 -- though I love calling Call Centers and figuring out whether Hal is really Haji, and whether the call is from Idaho or India.

No comments: