Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It Was A Fair Question

The other day, just as Wally was leaving my house, he overheard me talking to my cat.

In what was sort of a monologue, I was letting my little princess know how proud I was of her, how she's grown into a wonderful and elegant young lady, how she should never sleep with a boy cat just because he purrs at her, and how my little heaven-sent angel is not only pretty on the outside, but that she radiates an essential inner beauty that is so much more important. I reminded my little girl that she is a confident, self-assured young lady who doesn't need the affirmations of a male cat (in this case a frisky one) to validate her essential dignity and her inherent self-worth.

Wally then asked me: This is what you do when I'm not here, right?

I said yes.

***

No comments: