Sunday, January 07, 2007

Life is a Beach For Martin

"When we landed at the carwash, it was just like Normandy Beach; it was absolute bedlum."

-- Martin, "attorney and professor,"
on his first task on the new
LA edition of The Apprentice.
No one really knows how many people died on the first day of the Normandy invasion, also known as D-Day, June 6, 1944. I really hate correcting/clarifying Martin on this, but it actually occured on five different beachheads, not one of them code-named Normandy. And just to put things in perspective, probably more American and British men died on this day, a single day, than died on Sept. 11, 2001.

Add to this total the number of Germans who were killed, and it was a bloodbath.

In fact, some estimate that during the entire Normandy campaign, as many as half a million souls perished.

What could compare to such human misery, such a toll on mankind?

A carwash challenge. On The Apprentice. Or so says Martin.



***

2 comments:

Joey P said...

UPDATE: I could not bring myself to watch more than 10 minutes of this show, which features a bunch of people I wouldn't even want in the next cubicle, much less as my actual boss. I fast-forwarded to the end, however, and I'm disappointed to announce that Martin got fired. I would have enjoyed watching next week just to see if he said anything stupid. In the board room Trump did say, however, how smart he thought Martin was, and that Martin would make a great professor for his children.

Mmm hmmmm.

Daddy Cool said...

You withstood 10 more minutes than me.