Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Five Favorite "Seldom Used
Verbs of Attribution"

THIRD IN A SERIES

The usual verb of attribution is said. As in, "I'm a complete disaster as president," Bush said.

I will now use my five favorite seldom used verbs of attribution using actual quotes from George Bush's State of the Union Address.
"The rite of custom brings us together at a defining hour -- when decisions are hard and courage is tested," Bush ejaculated.

"We must have the will to face difficult challenges and determined enemies -- and the wisdom to face them together," Bush belched.

"America is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that will enable us to live our lives less dependent on oil," Bush gushed.

"When it comes to health care, government has an obligation to care for the elderly, the disabled, and poor children," Bush chortled.

"My fellow citizens, our military commanders and I have carefully weighed the options," Bush snorted.
Bush snorted? Bush snorted.

Mmmmm-kay?



***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and read several months worth and OH MY FRICKIN' GOD, it is now one of my favorites that I shall check every day! THANKS!

Joey P said...

Thank you Kyle.

Wait, make that:

"Thank you, Kyle," Joe opined.