Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Morris May Be A Mo?

Earlier this week, someone named "Morris" replied on this blog with a gentle suggestion not to write so much about American Idol because I'm not (to my knowledge) a teenage girl. Point taken.

Now, I don't know if this is the actual "real life" Morris I know personally -- a cat lover now living in that great southern city -- but it got me thinking about another Morris. Morris the cat.

And thanks to YouTube, we can present the very first Morris commercials from 1972.

Morris -- with his penchant (as you can see below) for tea parties, "creamed gravy," the Oscars and the finer things -- very well could be television's first gay character, and certainly the first-ever gay spokesmodel, assuming (of course) the heterosexuality of Mr. Whipple, whose penchant for squeezing the Charmin probably made him America's first (and creepiest) asexual spokesmodel.

Meow!



2 comments:

Joey P said...

Word from down south: It was a different Morris, and not the friend whose opinion I respect.

We now continue our coverage of American Idol, effective immediately, with an AI truism:

"Beautiful people with mediocre voices will always do better than ugly or average-looking people with better-than-mediocre voices."

Ah, such is life.

Anonymous said...

To everyone. I apologize for getting him started on this.